Sunday, October 10, 2010

This and That

Ok so to my few and far between readers, I have been called out to update the blog. (Thanks India!) In my defense I haven't blogged due to two reasons 1. I'm still depressed Ole Miss hasn't done much of anything this season. 2. We have become VERY BUSY lately! I'll try to keep things brief, but here is what we are up to these days:

1. WE SOLD OUR HOUSE!! What?? Just when you think life is settled and things are calm, the sweet precious Lord throws a little mix into it. He answered our prayers but He just forgot to check with me on my schedule first. This is very bittersweet and I will cry many times before we say our final goodbye. I love this home. It's small, cozy, and perfect in so many ways for a young couple to begin their lives. The other day I caught myself getting teary when I sat in Mo's room rocking her to sleep. Uggh...I can't talk about it anymore. (In case you're wondering, I'm still not sure where we will move. We're tossing around different ideas so we'll see.)

2. My sweet Mo isn't so little anymore. It occurred to Taylor and me that we are about to have a two year old in just a few short months. The disciplining has kicked in and I'm just not a fan. It is harder than I thought it would be. I just assumed my teaching background would make this part a piece of cake...wrong! Example...Mo had a doctors appt a few weeks ago and she was pretty sick. We had to make a mad dash into Kroger afterwards to grab more milk. She was pleasantly playing with her sticker she got from the doctor, but then started to throw it on the ground to see if I would pick it up. I had enough of this not so fun game, so I informed her the next time it hit the ground that was it. No more sticker. Well, she threw it down again so I was going to "stick to my guns" and not let her have it back. Ummm, bad idea! If the child is sick, JUST GIVE HER THE STICKER!! She started to sob uncontrollably and throw herself out of the cart. I tried to pick her up and it was as if she weighed 100 pounds. So I had to put her down and there she goes...sprawling out on the floor flopping like a fish out of water. The tears were everywhere and it was pure drama right there on the floor in front of the milk at Kroger. So what does mommy do? Laugh hysterically! I COULD NOT get it together. I have no clue why this was my reaction. I'm sure a "good" mother would have some discipline plan in place to handle moments such as these. Not me. I just sat there doubled over my cart laughing at my poor sick daughter having a meltdown. Oh I definitely got "those" looks from other bystanders whom I'm sure raised perfect children who never threw fits in public. I didn't care, I just laughed. I kind of think in some weird way this made Mo stop crying. She wasn't expecting this from me and it distracted her thoughts from the sticker that was no more. We took a minute to compose ourselves and she eventually got back in the cart. We go to check out and the sweet lady offers Mo a sticker and I'm thinking "Score! This will make her so happy!" Well, it didn't. Mo turns into the sticker snob and doesn't want the Kroger sticker. I felt so bad for the lady. She had no clue what she was up against. I just stuck the sticker on my shirt and laughed all the way out of the door. Note to moms of sick children, JUST KEEP PICKING UP THE STICKER!

3. Taylor is rolling right along in his first year as a resident. I'm sure I will jinx it, but overall it hasn't been too bad. Obviously when he's been on call and we don't see him for two days I get sad, but it does make the time we do get to spend together that much sweeter. I just hate that he goes a few days sometimes not seeing miss priss.

4. I'm training for a half marathon. I'm not sure why I thought this was a good idea. Usually people run a 5k or 10k first but not me! I just skip those and go for the big boy first. I wish I could say I've done a good job training but that is just not the case. I really am trying though because the race is only eight weeks away. I don't want to blog too much about this just in case I don't complete my goal. I'm trying! Having a little one and a husband who has the weirdest hours that are never the same day to day makes this a bit challenging.

5. Last, we had the chance to make a few Ole Miss and State games. Yes, we agree to go to both. I don't have my Ole Miss pics loaded yet so I will leave you with Mo at the State/Georgia game. I will try to do better updating but be patient.

God is good!



4 comments:

Joedee Robinson said...

What half are you doing?!?!? I have planned on training for one in January, but I don't like running in the freeze.

And Mo looks good in Maroon! ;)

Monica said...

Girl, you crack me up! Discipline is SO tough to do. I would have been the mom laughing as well. I'm glad you finally updated, I'm the worst about it. But, more pics please! Got to see more of that sweet little thing!

Anna Little Morris said...

I can just tell she LOVES that Maroon and White :)

just kidding Kellie... you are so sweet to be fair and attend BOTH!

Love y'all!

Haley said...

HAHAHA!!! I loved the story of Mo and her sticker tantrum! Don't worry, I'm sure I will be on those mothers that should have discipline plan, but won't!