How about we just call this week a done deal and move on? Sounds GREAT to me! First, both of my girls are getting over the most ridiculous cold I have ever encountered. Morgan was the first to get it. Correction...my poor dad was the first to get it and so lovingly shared it with all of us. All in all Morgan's case wasn't that bad. I did take her to the doctor and of course we come home with an antibiotic and instructions for breathing treatments. In about three days we are semi back to normal.
Well on to Millie. When I took Mo to the doctor I also had them check Mills head to toe. She had not been sleeping. NOT SLEEPING AT ALL. This wasn't like her. However, we didn't find anything wrong so I feared a few crying it out sessions were in the future. That's never a picnic for anyone. What I didn't realize is that she was obviously on her way to getting sick. Bless her little self she got it worse than anyone in our family. I honestly let hers go too long. I figured she would bounce back like Morgan, but I was so wrong. I let it ride through the new year weekend, but first thing Monday we found ourselves back at the doctor. Might I add we were there with John Marshall too (my nephew). Our appt was 1:45 and theirs was 2:00 so we just did a 2-for-1 special. Poor little Millie and JM both had double ear infections and upper respiratory issues. Mills left with a shot, an antibiotic, a steroid, and instructions for 3-4 breathing treatments a day. Let me repeat in case you missed...3-4 breathing treatments a day. Sweet little thing fought the first two treatments and then just gave up. She's a pro now. I'm happy to report that she is on the mend and I can tell such a big improvement. Yay!
Here is a little tid bit for anyone who has a sick child with coughing issues or even an adult with couching issues. Our doctor of course told me to put a humidifier in Millie's room to help her. I went to CVS and found this fabulous machine for $20.

This is the Vick's Vaporizer. Love, love, love it. You basically put water and the liquid form of the Vicks rub in there. The machine heats it to release the vapors in the air. I have this nasty junk too so I have loved sitting in her room to rock her to sleep. You kind of walk into a wall of Vicks vapor when you go in her room, but it has helped tremendously with her cough at night.
And now on to the saddest part of the week. My brother in law was playing in his high school soccer game last night in Corinth. (There are only 2 weeks left in the regular season.) He went in to score a goal and had a collision with a player from the other team. While colliding, the other player threw in a nice elbow too. Thanks to that elbow, it broke John's collarbone. He had surgery this morning to put a plate over it to hopefully heal faster. My heart is just broken for him. This is his senior year and there are only two weeks left and then playoffs. I don't know if the other guy did it intentionally or not. However, don't think that for two seconds I don't want to go find him and let him have it. I hope his elbow hurts really bad. If not, I can make it hurt. Ok sorry, I don't really want him to be hurt. (maybe) Here is the champ post surgery. (He may hurt me for posting this pic.)

This is just a pitiful week. Could be much worse, but none the less pitiful. Lets just move on. I'm ready to my girls to be 100%, John to have a miracle and be able to play, and for all the Flanagans to not hack all day long.

No comments:
Post a Comment