
Well who knew it....I can actually sit and read a book. I don't think I have read an entire book since my senior year in high school for my research paper. Yes some of you are thinking didn't she teach reading?? Yes I did!! Whenever my children asked me what book they should read I always had my go-to answer... "Ask the librarian, she knows all about the good books!" Horrible I know but I just don't like to read. Well recently EVERYBODY I know was reading this book, The Help. A few girls in my Bible study have even started a book club and this was their first book of choice to read. They asked me to join and of course I said no thinking there' s no way I would start reading now with a six month old!! Then I realized my mom and my brother-in-law's girlfriend were reading it as well, so I figured if that many people were reading it I may give it a try. I secretly bought the book and began reading. The more I read the more I couldn't put it down!! I absolutely loved it!! It was a fairly easy read and it just sucked me in from the moment I started. I found myself staying up all hours just to keep reading..which is rare for a mom to do when sleep is precious right now. So if you're a reader and even if you're not, I highly recommend this book to you. It's great! And just a little side note..I already bought a second book to start! :)

2 comments:
Ooohh I must go buy this book now...I love to read and I am always looking for a great book. If you need some more to add to your reading list let me know.
Hi Kellie!
My aunt and uncle know the Stockett family quite well. Isn't The Help great? I could not put it down and actually read the whole thing in a day! She is so talented!
Elizabeth Rice
Post a Comment