I'm late in saying HAPPY SEVEN MONTHS MORGAN!!! She officially turned 7 months this past Saturday. We spent the day traveling to Tupelo to attend a bday party for her good friend Tanner. He turned a year old. Mo had such a good time at her first "kiddie" birthday party. It was also nice that we got to spend THE ENTIRE DAY with Taylor. That is such a rare occassion these days. He just finished an ortho rotation at UMC and now is gone to Memphis for a month for the same. It stinks big time but we're making the best of it.
Back to Mo... she also had a check-up last week. We were a bit late because it was supposed to be at 6 months...oh well. She weighed 18 pounds 3 ounces and was 27 1/2 inches. I can't remember which is which... but one of those is the 50th percentile and one is 25th. Bad mom I know! The doctor actually said she's "petite" for her age... if you take a look at those thighs I'm not seeing much that is petite! :)
These days she's busy learning new things:
pulling up on her crib (definitely need Taylor home to help me drop the crib!!)
learning to drink her juice from the sippy cup (ends up more on her than in her mouth)
trying to crawl (it looks more like she's playing leap frog)
saying "Momma" (yes that's correct she is and I LOVE IT!!)
I think what hit me the hardest about her turning 7 months is the fact she's "over the hump" and on her way to being a one year old. Seriously?? Already?? I absolutely loved the first six months. Yes they were hard, yes I was sleep deprived, yes I lost my sanity for a brief period, and yes I wondered sometimes how people managed it with multiple children to raise. But I would give anything to be able to relive the day Morgan was born over and over. Taylor and I talk about it all of the time and I pretty much tear up at the thought of it. It changed our lives forever and we are humbled beyond words that God chose us to raise this beautiful littel girl.
We love you baby girl! Happy seven months!!
The End of Summer...
13 years ago

2 comments:
sweet girl growing up! call me if you get lonely while taylor's gone. i remember looking forward to every weekend while rob was in memphis!
Am I the only one who read the title and thought you were about to announce another pregnancy?!
Mo is so presh.
Post a Comment