Wednesday, October 28, 2009

3/4 and Done


New beanie, baby Uggs, and a credit card... what more do you need?


I think I'm more obsessed with her Uggs than she is. I could eat her up in this picture!!


Morgan was tired of her daddy packing up to leave so she decided to go with him!


Another month has come and gone which means.... Morgan is now 9 months old. We are 3/4 of the way done with our first year of life. It's amazing to think of how much she has changed within these 9 months. However, what's more amazing is to think of much she grew and changed while I carried her for 9 months. Sometimes I just sit in awe of God.

Mo is super busy these days. She just has so much to get done each day. I'm sure all of you moms understand the fact I can't turn my back for one second. She wants to EXPLORE EVERYTHING! These days she's crawling, standing up, finally holding the sippy cup on her own, eating snacks, and my all time favorite.... rolling her tongue. Now I don't mean making funny shapes with her tongue.. I mean making that sound (that I cannot do!) by rolling her tongue as if she were speaking Spanish. I'm not sure how she figured this one out but it's her favorite noise in the whole wide world. Taylor got it on video so when he'll have to put it on here because I don't know how to do that.

We had our check-up which was great. I'm so so so very thankful that up until now (and I know I'm going to jinx it) we haven't had any illness. My fear is that maybe she's just storing it all up and when it hits she'll be down for the count... but hopefully not. So here are the measurements from the check-up... 20 pounds and 6 ounces, 28 1/2 inches long, and 45 cm around the head.

Let's talk about who Morgan's favorite person is..... nope not Mommy....... nope not Daddy..... nope not any of the grandparents ...... yes it's Aunt B!!!! (My sister Beth for those that don't know.) There are days at the office where my own child won't come to me and actually cries if I take her away from Aunt B. Seriously!!??!! Basically it's because Aunt B already lets her get away with whatever she wants. At work, Aunt B's desk = fun time for Mo. For example, where else can you sit in a lap and watch Miley Cyrus videos on the computer, put people on hold on the phone, stick every "sticky" note to something, and even color with a highlighter.... none other than Aunt B's desk. I'm even seeing the good 'ol "Beth attitude" in my child.... which worries me! :) Sorry B! Oh well, I guess it could be worse.

So from here on out I'll be very excited/sad to start planning her first Christmas and birthday. Time is passing way too fast (I'm sounding like a broken record). Oh yea.... I'll also be planning for her first big trip coming up in November. Yep we're taking her to Cancun!

2 comments:

Valerie Davis said...

Those uggs are adorable!!! she's a girl after my own heart!!!! love it!!

AnnaLittle said...

A) I love that she loves her aunt. I like to think that I am my niece's favorite person in the world.

B) I CANNOT BELIEVE Uncle Taft is allowing y'all to take Morgan to Mexico!