Sunday, October 4, 2009

Happy Fall Yall!!

I've been asked by many to post something new on the blog so here we go......

1. Taylor has been doing his second away rotation for ortho. He is in Little Rock, Arkansas this time and we miss him A LOT! He has completed one week but has three more to go. I will say I've been pretty proud of Mo and I during all of this "Mommy and me" time. We've done well with our little routine and held down the fort.

2. Here's your Morgan update and yes it's a lot...

*She has mastered the crawling and GOES ANYWHERE SHE WANTS! The funniest about it is she does this high pitched squeel when she crawls because she's so excited and proud of herself. Her favorite place to crawl is to the garbage can.... I know gasp!! We have a stainless steel one in the kitchen and therefore it serves as her "mirror." She is amazed that she can see herself and will sit there and babble to it all day if I would let her. She also thinks it's cute to crawl over to the dog's food bowls. You can see the determination in this particular crawl because she knows she isn't supposed to go there. (She doesn't realize her high pitch shriek gives her away if I'm not watching her at that particular moment. I hear it and know exactly what she's going for.)

*She is pulling up on anything she can find to stand up. Why sit when you can stand right? Again this is followed by high pithed laughing because she is so proud. I will say I'm pretty impressed that not only can she get herself up but she also knows how to lower herself back down without it leading to a crash.

*WE FINALLY HAVE TEETH!!! HOORAY!!! I thought for a little while there we were going to have to look into baby dentures. It was by no means fun for any of us but she finally cut her two front bottom teeth. I think there are more to follow soon because she chews the heck out of anything and everything...more so than usual. Here's the annoying thing.... people keep asking if I'm feeding her table food yet. Ok so #1.... she's only 8 months old so no! #2 We just got teeth so obviously I'm not feeding her food she can't chew so no!! #3 She has the rest of her life to eat unhealthy, fat saturated, artery clogging, heart attack causing table food so NO!!!

*To answer the most frequently asked question in the world... yes she sleeps through the night. We put her down at 8 pm and she sleeps until around 7 am. It's a beautiful thing but it came with lots of hard work on Mommy, Daddy, and Mo's part. We worked hard on our schedule because ultimately it's the best thing for Morgan to grow healthy and strong.

*I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this stage in Morgan's life. Not that there is any part I haven't enjoyed but it is very true that is just keeps getting better. She has the brightest little personality and is so much fun. She is very busy exploring and learning these days and I love to just sit and watch her figure things out.

3. The baby weight has to go!! I'm ashamed to admit my child is 8 months old and I'm still not completely back into my old clothes. For some reason I didn't think it would be this hard... who was I kidding?? I think that now it will require me getting up before Morgan in the mornings and exercising then. By the time she and I put in a full day I'm exhausted at night and just want to curl up in my bed. So we'll see how all of this goes. Trust me.. if I lose even 5 pounds I'll be bragging on myself so get ready!

And so I'll leave you with this.... Taylor came home for the weekend so we soaked up every second with him and had a lot of fun. On Saturday we took Morgan to her first pumpkin patch. Hope you enjoy!



Her first hayride!


Picking out her first pumpkin


She didn't want any of the pumpkins to be standing upright.... so she pushed them all down! :)



HAPPY FALL YALL!!!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun update! That's funny, though, I was just thinking (after looking at your pics on facebook) that you look great! :-) Hope the month flies by and that Taylor enjoys his rotations.

AnnaLittle said...

So cute!! Love the pumpkin pics :)

Anna said...

That beuatiful baby is getting big! Continue to enjoy it because they DO grow fast! Audrey is in Kindergarten now and Elise is 2! Time flies.

Morgan is gorgeous! She looks exactly like you. As far as losing weight goes...You don't even know what big is! You're so small! Remember me? Well, it took me 6 years but I finally have lost it. You don't need to lose anything at all!

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind me stopping by. Cute blog, and cuter baby. She is a cutie. :)