
Red velvet cake....yyuuummmm! This is by far my favorite dessert of all time. (Brownies and ice cream is a very close second but still doesn't compare.) I will admit that I use my mother's homemade red velvet cake and icing recipe and nothing else even comes close to tasting as good as this heavenly recipe. Store bought red velvet cake honestly makes me sick. I guess I'm a snob about it, but if you're going to consume this many calories, at least make it worth your time and taste buds.

The sheer mention of fall makes my heart skip a beat. I LOVE THE FALL! My house takes on the delicious aroma of none other than the Yankee Candle harvest scent. If there's an outlet, it will have a plug in it. If there is free counter space, it will become occupied by the big jar candle. Winter is fun because it brings on Christmas, and summers are fun when spent at the lake. However, there is just nothing like a crisp fall afternoon on the couch watching football and eating yummy food. The only thing better is being at Vaught-Hemingway.
With that being said, HOTTY TODDY and bring on the football season! I'm not sure how we'll turn out this year, but none the less my red and blue pompom is ready. I already have my schedule on the frig and I am a little upset that I will have to wait until September for kick-off. Oh well, in the meantime maybe I can figure out which ridiculous mascot to vote for. Side note...if you happen to like maroon please do not put the cliche comments such as:
"I thought you were a bulldog..."
"I thought you were a bulldog..."
"Wait, didn't you go to State?"
"You can't go to State and be a true Rebel fan."
"You can't go to State and be a true Rebel fan."
Etc, etc, etc
This is my last time to address the issue...
Yes, I went to State. Why? We'll just chalk it up to free tuition and a bad judgement call on my part. Do I regret it? I have the best husband in the world and an amazing daughter so no I don't regret one second. Did I cheer for State? Absolutely not. Did I go to MSU games? Of course, I love all SEC sports and enjoy watching most games. Did I go to Ole Miss games while attending State? As many as I possibly could. My family has held season tickets for as long as I can remember and it's only 1 1/2 hours from Starkville. It stinks Taylor and I can't pull for the same team and often times we just can't talk about it. However, he doesn't complain much when his wife wakes him up on Saturdays to watch Game Day and get ready for an all day football fest. (I had to talk him into going to both an Ole Miss and MSU game in the same day twice last season.)
HOTTY TODDY!

I know this post is random but, what makes you happy?

1 comment:
Hey girl,
saw on your post you LOVE red velvet, ME TOO!! Even though I work at GiGI's, GiGi's cupcake DOES NOT have good red velvet cake...i know that is horrible to say but its not good and we put a filling inside that is like a vanilla custard (gross)....anyways down by castlewoods behind the mazzio and Kroger there is a new little place called Cupcake corner, its a little old lady who bakes grandmaw style daily and I had a red velvet from there tonight and it was YUMMY, definitly home-made.Just thought I'd let you know if you were having a quick craving and wanted one for cheap, and they have kiddy size ones for the kids. Leyton really enjoyed his :) That's probably horrible that I'm saying that and I work at another bakery in town but its honest!
Post a Comment