Monday, April 16, 2012

He's back!!!

Hooray, Daddy is back!! Taylor just finished up a six week rotation of working nights. Translation: he leaves for work Sunday morning and we see him again Friday afternoon. We spend Saturday with him and then it's back to work on Sunday. This is actually a twelve week ordeal broken up into two six week blocks. Let me just say the day before he started his second block, I'm pretty sure I cried all day. It. was. hard. Because I work, we were leaving the house in the a.m. before he would be home and he would be gone in the p.m. by the time we got home. Stinks. So pretty much it was the girls and me all day, every day. I gained mountains of respect for single mothers and military wives. I feel terrible even complaining about my twelve weeks.

For those that don't know, I work and have my kiddos with me. This is a perk for working for and with your family. Mo does go to preschool 3 days a week for 1/2 a day and my mom keeps her the other two. Sweet Mills is my little work sidekick and stays with me all day. Somehow I pull off working and having my girls with me. I see it as a HUGE blessing. However, when Daddy can't be there to help in the evenings, this does make for one tired mommy.

I will say we did get in a good little routine. Morgan was a very big helper when Mills would have her meltdowns in the late afternoons. Dora and Team Umizoomi helped as well. The person I felt the saddest for was Morgan. The girl missed her daddy!! I remember one day she asked where Taylor was and of course my answer was work. She replied, "Mommy, why does Daddy work so much?" I just stuck with my go to: helping the sick people.

Sunday was always the hardest for me. He would leave just before the girls got up and I knew it was the beginning of another long week. So the three of us packed up and headed to church. I am a big family person and Sundays are just my thing. I want to come home from church, eat a good lunch, nap, and hang out with Taylor and the girls. For six long weeks, that didn't happen. My prayer life definitely increased and there were many a scriptures I had to cling to most days just to get through it. I am thankful for the quiet time I would have at night though after the girls were down and the house was silent.

HOWEVER, the boy is done and we have him back! Well, sort of. He's still back on trauma which is busy, but at least I know he'll be home at some point at night. And then there will be a free weekend or two here and there. He is taking vacation next week and I. CAN'T WAIT.!!!!!!!
We are headed to Gatlinburg and then wrapping the week up in Corinth to see John perform in his senior follies. Hurry up Saturday!!!

We celebrated this weekend by taking my aunt's boat out for a ride. The girls of course loved it.

These were all taken when Taylor was working nights...

He did come home one morning to find us still there because momma had a flat tire!
(and flat spare...just what a sleep deprived person wants to deal with)

Can you tell she missed him?





In the middle of all of this, Millie turned nine months old!! Sweet thing finally hit the 50% for weight at her check up. Atta girl! She LOVES to eat. Mo was pretty picky, but Millie will consume whatever comes near her mouth. She's crawling more with her knees instead of the crazy army crawl. She's also pulling up. This scares me. They're just so clumsy at this age but have no fear. Taylor will be stitching her up soon.

Look what I found!

This is how we rolled while daddy was away.



Happy Monday folks!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Im so glad that hard time is over for you guys!! TIm was on nights for only one week last week, and I almost lost it hahah! It is so hard to not have our hubbies there to give us kiddo relief but also just to snuggle, talk, and spend time together (esp on the wknds when most other people are busy with their families and it's hard to get together with others for distraction. These crazy schedules do have one good thing about them: THEY CAUSE US TO TURN TO THE LORD!!!! :) Love yall and we miss you!! <3