Sunday, April 29, 2012

How in the world?

Oh Millie...she is definitely our little firecracker. At only nine months of age, I'm pretty sure she accounts for 95% of my gray hair. Yes, I have them. As a baby, she hated the car. Hated it. She would cry SCREAM the entire way home from work. It was all I could do to just put on soft music, go to my happy place, and not run my car off of a bridge. Yes, sometimes even this sweet face made me want to drive off of a bridge.



85% of the time she is happy. The other 15% the girl can get an attitude. It mainly comes when she is hungry (I can relate), wants to keep up with Morgan but can't, or when you're simply doing something she doesn't care to do (i.e. changing a diaper). She can throw her back out so far it makes a "U" shape. Limber little thing.


Little momma has found her appetite and loves to eat. If anything comes within arms length, it is going in the mouth. This includes bright blue play-doh. It's made of flour, right? Nothing like walking in the room and seeing your child drooling blueness. She didn't seem to mind. This past week we went to Gatlinburg and I'm pretty sure she ate more than anyone. Keep in mind we just started giving her some table food and she only has two teeth. On this trip alone, chubalicious ate pancakes, fries, ice cream, mac and cheese, crackers, goldfish, bread, rotisserie chicken, crab (good thing we don't seem to have an allergy to shellfish), cinnamon rolls, and scrambled eggs. The child was choking on the food once but steadily shoving in more. Of course she also covered the usual baby foods and baby puff snacks. I'm sure she'll be bored with those soon. I'm just hoping she keeps her daddy's metabolism and not her momma's.

Just a girl and her snacks. 

All cuteness aside, sweet girl gave us the scare of our life this morning. I heard her talking on the monitor. I looked but couldn't really see her in the bed. This isn't completely unusual if she is scrunched up in the closest corner. I sent Taylor in to get her while I made her breakfast. Soon after he brings her to me and tells me she was crawling around the floor when he went in there. Huh?!? It took several seconds for this to process in my brain. Wait, she fell out of her bed???!! Yes, my nine month old plunged over the side and FELL OUT OF HER BED!! How in the world did this happen? The crib wasn't too high for her. There's no way she climbed out on her own. I cannot for the life of my figure out how she did it. My second thought...I didn't even hear a cry! I'm thinking it may have knocked the breath out of her and by the time she got it back maybe she was ok?!? All day long I keep thinking about the different scenarios that may have played out and it makes me want to throw up. Not to be dramatic, but I very much realize this could have been a very fatal accident. Taylor says my face went white when he told me. I made him check her over head to toe and toe to head about 90 times. All seems to be ok and she has been a happy girl the rest of the day. I was super paranoid to let her sleep during her morning nap for fear of a concussion. I know, I'm dramatic. Deal with it. Needless to say, her crib has been lowered as far as it will go. We skipped every other height it could be, and went straight for the bottom. If baby doll gets out of this crib now, I will check her into the circus. She does like to toss her paci out of the bed for some reason, and I'm guessing she just dove over to get it back. I guess. I don't know. I'm just very very very thankful that the Lord was watching over her and protected her. I would like to think of His hand just gently placing her on the ground. Taylor did say she was smiling and laughing when he opened the door to get her.

I'm guessing I will only the check the monitor four hundred and fifty-nine times before midnight.


1 comment:

Katie Nicholas said...

Cant believe they are getting so big! She is a little monkey to be able to get out of her crib at 9 months! Awesome!