Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sweet Summer Time

I have never looked forward to summer time so much in my life! Not even when I was teaching. As of Friday, we officially said goodbye to Taylor's second year of residency. Not. sad. at. all. I am so super proud of him and all the others who have worked their tails off. It was hard on us not having him here, but I also know it's 100% harder on them.

Somewhere in that chaos, I decided to start running. I have NEVER been a runner in my life. I was active and played sports, but never a runner. I'm not really sure what got me into this. Actually, I do know. It was the extra twenty pounds I've been carrying around since having Millie. I started walking more, then ran some, and eventually kind of got addicted to the running. So what does a rookie runner do? I signed myself up for a half marathon! Go big or go home, right? It's the St. Jude half in December and I'm pretty excited about it. I've got my little training schedule and so far it has been fun. People keep asking when in the world I have time to run with work, kiddos, and Taylor's crazy schedule. It's pretty much been first thing in the morning on my treadmill before the girls wake up, or late at night if Taylor gets home in time to put them down for me. I will give him another big pat on the back for being super supportive of my running. Sweet thing let me get a new pair running shoes and gave me a gift card to get some cute running clothes for Mother's Day. I may not finish the race, but at least I'll look the part.  I recruited my cousin Carrie and made her run my first 5K with me this weekend. We had fun and did quite well for rookies I must say!

We find out this month if I will have another nephew or a niece in November! I will not be sad either way BUT... I really need Beth to have a girl. The eight storage boxes of girl clothing (not counting what's in their closets and drawers) are begging her to have a girl. Her doctor says girl, and I'm hoping he's right. 

I'll leave you with a few sneak peeks from our Gatlinburg vacation. I meant to do an entire post on that but I really don't feel like loading up all of the pictures. Sorry. Hope you all have a great week! 

My little dumplings on Mother's Day.

Gatlinburg





No comments: