Thursday, October 2, 2008

Morgan Is Looking Good

I had a check-up with my doctor this morning and got good news! First, I had to take the test for gestational diabetes. For those of you wondering why..they make all pregnant women be tested. You have to drink this mixture of pretty much sugar water in about 5 minutes. It honestly doesn't taste that bad it was just hard to guzzle down that much so early in the morning. It's basically like drinking a can Sprite that's been watered down in 5 minutes. Then they test your blood an hour later and I passed! So I can resume eating my bite snize Snickers at work.. yay!! Other than that I got a good report with everything else. I go back in 4 weeks and they'll do my 3-D sonogram which I'm pretty excited about!
On a side note, please keep my doctor in your prayers. He was attending a convention in Dallas last week and long story short pretty much shattered his ankle. He had to fly home that night so he could have surgery the next morning. He and his wife also have six children...with two of those being newborn twins! So you can imagine the chaos they have in their house right now. I didn't get to see him today but I got to meet his partner which I was happy about. It's nice to know that if for some reason my doctor couldn't deliver Morgan, I really liked his partner and would be comfortable having him deliver her.

No comments: