Thursday, October 16, 2008

Morgan Is Thirsty

Well here's a little update on Miss Morgan and me. I've started having a few Braxton Hicks contractions. They're not painful at all just a little uncomfortable. I started writing down the times I would have them just in case. Yesterday I had two and today I've already had one so I thought it would be smart to call the doctor. Plus my sister and mom weren't going to let me not call the doctor. To sum it all up I'm not drinking enough and dehydrated and that can bring on these contractions. The nurse explained that pregnant woman need a lot of water to help their muscles with all of the growing and stretching that goes on. So pretty much I have to drink a TON of water during the day and take warm baths at night to help relax the muscles. I'm not too alarmed by all of this because apparently this is pretty common. However, the doctor is obviously not too happy I'm having them this early. Hopefully if I drink the water and make myself not go 90 to nothing all the time that should take care of it. If I have more than 3 in a day or if they start happening closer together then I have to go in and get monitored to make sure everything is ok. I do kind of feel like a bad mom already though..my poor Morgan is trying to tell me she's thirsty! Sorry Morgan!!

No comments: