Ok so Mo has made some big progress this week! I think my sweet love knows her momma is a bit stressed over this whole issue and so she told me to chill and just watch and learn. I'll save you a long story and too many details and jusy say this...
She has pretty much worked herself into taking two 1 1/2-2 hour naps a day: one in the morning around 8:30 and one in the afternoon around 2:00. She's also been sleeping about 10 hours at night still in the pack and play in our room. I've realized (and I know I've read this before) that the more she takes good naps, the better she sleeps in general. She wakes up in such fun and sweet moods...that is until she realizes she's hungry then you better have that bottle ready!
Also, HUGE HUGE PROGRESS THAT I DIDN'T EVEN TRY TO DO!! Ok so Monday night I was in Morgan's nursery trying to rock her to sleep. I noticed she was just very squirmy and getting sort of fussy. So I just thought I'd try going ahead and putting her in the pack and play to stretch out. And what do you know that's exactly what she wanted!! She stretched out, closed those baby blues, and went right on to sleep! I didn't know what to do with myself!! She went to sleep all on her own and never made a peep! I told Taylor to go check on her because it just seemed so out of place. So I thought maybe she was just very tired and it was a fluke. Well..she sure showed me! Last night I was holding her and watching Dancing With the Stars and I noticed she again got squirmy. So I put her in her pack and play and closed the door. That sweet patootie went right on to sleep again. She only woke once and fussed a bit. I went in, put the paci in, and she was out. So there ya go...I was wondering how in the world I was going to accomplish breaking her of having to rock her every night. Didn't have to do a thing..sweet baby girl just wants to stretch out and go to sleep on her own. Of course I do realize it may be a phase that comes to an end. None the less, I'll enjoy it while it lasts. I will say though I do miss holding and rocking those sweet baby blues to sleep!
The End of Summer...
13 years ago

2 comments:
Kellie, you are too cute with your mom comments. I love it.
I'm glad it's working out! I have felt sorry for you reading your stressed-out posts :) haha Morgan totally caught on and took charge!
Give Taylor a hug and Morgan a kiss from her favorite 3rd cousin!
YAY! Prayer answered...never question that you are doing anything wrong or not by the books. You are a wonderful mom!!! She's just a growing girl...which is bittersweet, I know. :)
Post a Comment