Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Catching Up

I feel like I start every post with that...catching up. I guess because the Mathis clan has been super busy this spring. Taylor is finishing up his surgery rotation, which is his last for 3rd year. Hooray!! I cannot believe we will be starting our last year of medical school this summer. He has decided on his career....orthopedic surgery it is! He has pretty much always had his mind set on it from day one and this rotation just made that more clear to him. My prayer has now changed from God laying on his heart the right profession..to now opening and closing the right doors for him to pursue that. I realize when I say close certain doors those could be the very doors I want to open. It is going to take daily laying down my life and realizing we are not in control..God is.

Other than that we have been watching Miss Morgan grow and change so much. This child has truly blossomed and her personality is coming out. She laughs and "talks" a lot now. She is making more than just a regular coo sound. I think in her mind she thinks she has said many complete sentences. She'll even change her facial expressions as she's talking like you should be getting exactly what she wants to tell you. I've been woken up several mornings to her sweet voice as she lies there talking and waiting for me to get her. She is still sleeping pretty good through the night thank goodness! I'm getting ready to transition her to her own crib which I am not looking forward to at all. I dread any and all "crying it out" moments we may have in the future.

I had an absolute WONDERFUL 1st Mother's Day! The weekend started with Morgan spending the night at Nana and Pops (my parents) on Friday night. Taylor and I had a much needed date night. However, I must say it was not all that exciting but we loved it. We ate at our favorite restaurant PF Changs then got in the bed at 10:30 and slept until 10 the next morning! On Sunday Morgan had her baby dedication. It was such a sweet and special time. My whole family came as well as Taylor's parents to watch it all. After church we headed to Yazoo City to visit my mom's family. It was a very busy but great weekend!!

BEFORE I FORGET...I know this post is long but I must tell you about Morgan's first trip to the beach!! My Aunt Shirley got a free condo for us to stay in for the weekend in Orange Beach. Me, Morgan, Mom, Aunt Shirley, my cousin Carrie, and a few other ladies packed it up and headed down to the beach. Morgan LOVED the beach. She was very curious about the sand and kept rubbing her little toes together trying to figure it out. Then she quickly passed out in her swing under the big umbrella. Nana was sweet and took her in after a short time while I got to enjoy the sun. It was a great mini vacation.

Ok so enough talking...here's what you came for...the pics......
Which way to the beach baby!


Uncle Mattie has a swimming pool at his new home...this is Morgan's first swim!
Here she's "warming up" to the idea!



1 comment:

Megan said...

SO cute!! And, I'm so jealous that you've already been to the beach and in a pool!! :)