For those that don't know how Match Day works, let me just fill you in on this jazz....
So basically, you interview places and then you make your rank list. (By the way I could get some of this totally wrong so sorry!) The hospitals will also make their rank list. The computer then tries to match you where you want to go first and vice versa. For example, Hospital A has five spots and they rank their top five candidates. If their top five candidates also rank them first, then they'll get all five spots. However, lets say their #3 candidate didn't want to go there. Well, then the computer will go to who the hospital put as their #6 person and #6 now gets one of those five spots since there was one available. Making sense? That's about as detailed as I'll get because a) I don't want to confuse you and b) that's pretty much all I understand at the moment! :)
So going into Match Day, all you know is whether you matched or you didn't match. That's it. They call out each student at random and you go up to get your envelope that contains a letter stating where you're going. You go up to the microphone and read aloud to the entire room, with a ridiculous amount of people in it, where you will be spending the next years of your life for residency. Yes, your wife, mother, brother, ex-cousin in law, etc all find out at the same time where you're going to be. That might the worst part of it all.
So keep us and all of the M4's in your prayers the next few weeks. This is one of those big hurdles to get over in medical school, and my prayer is that everyone will walk away at peace with their decisions. To my sweet hubby, thank you for all that you do! We love you!
My pediatrician used to have these pictures all in her office and I loved them!
So keep us and all of the M4's in your prayers the next few weeks. This is one of those big hurdles to get over in medical school, and my prayer is that everyone will walk away at peace with their decisions. To my sweet hubby, thank you for all that you do! We love you!
My pediatrician used to have these pictures all in her office and I loved them!

3 comments:
Girl, I remember Match Day like it was yesterday! I was a nervous wreck! Thankfully, God is in control and not us! I know God has a special place for your sweet family. Keeping you in my prayers as ya'll anxiously await! Enjoy the festivities though. It's so much fun!
I know you are so excited! Match day is a great day. Everyone is nervous from the anticipation but it is great! Enjoy it all!!!
ok so i'm glad god is in control and all that, but i REALLY want ya'll to match in jackson!! If I'm moving back you hafta stay!!! What will i do without my mathis clan? ok i'm jumping the gun, but seriously.....i'm just gonna pray things go my way =)!!! love ya'll!!
Post a Comment