Thursday, April 15, 2010

Second Honeymoon

In six short days, Taylor and I will be here....



Aaahhhhhh!! Yes in six days we will be staying at Club Med in Turks and Caicos. This is Taylor's med school graduation present from his family. Mo unfortunately will not be with us, and I think it's kind of bittersweet. Taylor's parents will be keeping her in Corinth while we are gone. We will be celebrating for several reasons on this trip: Taylor graduating from medical school, our 5 year dating anniversary (yes it's corny but get over it!), and Taylor's birthday. This will be our last "hoorah" before he disappears into the abyss of residency.

Unlike our first honeymoon, I plan to be a complete bum on this trip! I think on our first honeymoon we tried to see just how many activities and excursions we could possibly fit into 24 hours. Not to mention the fact I got certified to scuba dive! That means I had to study and take tests ON MY HONEYMOON! SERIOUSLY! Not this time though. I pretty much already know my schedule for each day:
10:00 am: wake up, maybe
10:30-5:30: sit at beach
6:00 eat
8:00 sleep
Repeat until departure

I am getting a little anxious about the flight and the fact I'm leaving my child for an entire week. I can't even think about the latter. Taylor will have to push me out of the door away from her. She will be perfectly fine where she is, but I just get myself all worked up at the thought of our plane going down. I know, morbid, but I can't help it. In the meantime, I'm packing my sunscreen and flip-flops! HOORAY FOR VACATION!!

6 comments:

The Callaways said...

I understand the whole "plane going down" thing. We had some friends that wanted to go to Europe and I had to pass. I'm terrified of leaving Campbell! I'm a big baby... Friends say that will change! HA! =)

Jeanelle said...

Ummm...you CLEARLY need to take along a photographers to document this trip for you! I'll do it free! (as long as my flight, room & board are paid for!) :)

Megan said...

Jealous!!!!

Taylor, Kellie, Morgan, Millie, and Mary Phillips said...

Jeanelle, I think we're on the airline where "bags fly free!" So maybe we could stuff you in there? :)

Sara Beth Green said...

I'm sure that Cici will spoil Mo rotten and even take her to her favorite store several times over the week. So jealous of your trip...I hope that the two of you have so much fun! you're going to come back dark and Taylor will be even more darker..haha. Have fun!

Catherine Sledge said...

um, that place looks AMAZING. Take lots of pics, and please relax and enjoy it!! Taylor deserves it for sure after 4 years of suffering :) but i would imagine that the "med school wife" that you are deserves it maybe even more!! Y'all have so much fun!