I want to wish my momma (pictured above at 16 months old) a very happy Mother's Day. Here are just a few of the reasons I love her...*She shows unconditional love. No matter what we did right, wrong, or indifferent growing up she SHOWED us love no matter what.
*She disciplined us. Obviously I wasn't a fan of this when I was a kid, but I am SO THANKFUL my parents had sense enough to not let us be spoiled and disrespectful children. They did not spare that rod and looking back that is a blessing.
*She is ALWAYS a good listener. Even when I'm absolutely terrible at reciprocating this action, she continues to do so. I realize all of the time how I expect her to hear me out with my troubles, worries, issues; yet, sometimes I fail miserably to show her the same respect.
*She is a do-er. She is the one to take charge and get things done. I never had to worry about whether or not I would get the best love and care. She did it. Period.
*She's a spoiler. I'll admit it. The three of us never went without and often times we had too much.
*She is a supporter. I don't know of a single athletic, academic, or just because event that she didn't show up for and cheer me on. I had several friends who never knew if their parents would attend events due to work or other circumstances, but I never had to bat an eye at that concern.
*She is a nurturer. Even now when I get sick, I want my momma! She was the ultimate nurse when we didn't feel good. I will always remember that no matter how sick we were she wanted us to get up and bathe while she changed the sheets on our bed. That way we could snuggle the rest of the day with a clean bed while she waited on us hand and foot.
*Now most importantly....
She shows this same love to my child. She loves, disciplines, talks to and listens, does, supports, and nurtures my Mo. This is the biggest blessing of all.
I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing weekend Momma. We love you!
I hope all of the mommas out there, including you Mamaw, have a great weekend with your families!

No comments:
Post a Comment