Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pampers Dry Max: Be Careful!!!

Ok moms I know the best advertisement for any product is by word of mouth. Well, unfortunately I don't have great news to tell you about this particular product. We have been faithful Pamper users since Morgan was born. I don't know why, but I just liked them and never had any trouble with them. We used the Cruisers during the day and the Swaddlers for night time. (or whatever their 12 hour diaper is called) We never had any leaks or issues until now. Pampers released their new "dry max" diaper in March and it's supposedly famous for being more slender and taking up less room in landfills. I supposed it's their version of "going green" as much as they can considering they're not cloth diapers.

Well with this new technology has come many complaints about the diapers causing severe rashes and even burns on some children. I had heard about this but honestly just didn't pay attention to it at first. I'm always doing my own research when it comes to baby products being recalled because sometimes it's the idiotic parents that used it inappropriately to begin with and are looking for a quick buck. Anyway... I bought our first box of the dry max last week because it was the only type of Pampers I could find on the shelves. (It's the only kind available now. The Dry Max includes the Cruisers.) Since then, Morgan got what started out looking like a spider bite on her hip. To make a long story short it now looks like a burn with a red, raised rash around it. We are also trying to clear up a really bad diaper rash elsewhere. I have NEVER had this problem with Mo. Any time she has had any sort of diaper rash we have been able to coat it with Desitin and it's clear by the next day. This includes times when she has been teething and had a pretty bad rash. We've always been able to clear it within 24 hours. However, this rash has been a different story. We tried going up a size in her Pampers (before the real problem clicked in my head) and coated every cream imaginable on her. We could not get it to clear and it kept getting worse. Well it has finally clicked in my head that we are experiencing the same problems other consumers have with the Dry Max. When I did more research on the diapers, several complaints matched mine EXACTLY. There are class action lawsuits against Pampers as we speak. People are wanting to be reimbursed for their medical expenses and money spent on diapers. The most important thing I read over and over was how upset parents were that their sweet babies were miserable and they couldn't fix it immediately. I feel the same.

Of course Pampers is defending their product and have had several medical "experts" speak on behalf of their company. Their statement is, "While we have great empathy for any parent dealing with diaper rash - a common and sometimes severe condition- the claims made in this lawsuit are completely false." (Sounds so sweet, right? Morons!)

So, I am not telling you what to buy or how to deal with your little ones. Just please DO YOUR RESEARCH and make informed decisions on what you choose for you babies. We have changed brands and called the doctor for our medical problems so hopefully we'll see results soon.

I tired to insert links on here to show you what I read, but was unsuccessful. Just google: Pampers Dry Max Lawsuit and you'll find plenty! Happy reading!

5 comments:

Monica said...

Awe, poor Mo. I'm so sorry y'all are going through this. I just wanted to tell you that I have been using targets diapers and they are awesome. I have always loved pampers but I wanted to try targets because they are so cute and I knew a few people who gave them rave reviews. If you are looking for a new diaper, these are soft and absorb well and have cute polka dots...oh yeah and they are a great price. Hope Mo gets better soon.

Joedee Robinson said...

I love cloth so much that I'm going to spam your blog. USE CLOTH. kellyscloset.com, cutecaboose.com, momsmilkboutique.com, cottonbabies.com, and a bazillion other sites.I LOVE them like I love green beans (thanks Guckert!).

Saranne said...

Fantastic. We just had a diaper shower and I'm pretty sure everypack we received has the new dry max stuff. I wonder if I could exchange them?

Saranne said...

Fantastic. We just had a diaper shower and received a ton of pamper and Im pretty sure all of them were dry max. I wonder if I could exchange them?

The Ruffins said...

The same thing has happened to us. Sarah has a spot on the crease where the diaper stays. I just bought sensitive diapers thinking that was the problem. Now I don't know which diapers to use because I have only used Pampers! Thanks for posting this!