Monday, August 2, 2010

Bad Aunt Update





I know I know! Yes my nephew has arrived and he is absolutely precious!!! John Marshall (IV) arrived July 15th at 8 pounds, 8 ounces, and 20 1/2 inches long. Go Beth! I can't tell you how overwhelmed I was and how much it meant to me to be in the room when he arrived in this world. Having a baby is positively one of the biggest miracles that only God can do and He should receive all of the glory for these precious blessings! It really was amazing and I can tell him one day I saw him take his first breath and heard his first cry. Ok actually the kid is so amazing he really didn't even cry. He just sort of whimpered to let us know he was fine but ready to relax.

Since they've been home all is well in the Lusk home. JM is apparently eating well and sleeping well for the most part. Little sucker doesn't like to burp though, but that's probably because he doesn't want to stop eating long enough to make it happen. He's a male...he has priorities already. I see a little of Beth and John in JM. I think he has his mommy's nose but his daddy's eye shape. I'm thinking he'll also have his mommy's baby blues! (We like to hold onto that trait in this family.)

Mo seems to be fond of JM. She was hesitant to go near him at first because in her head he was just some little ball that "squeaked" from time to time (aka cried). Then eventually she found it fun to rub his foot, and then his leg, and then out of nowhere she just hugged him. AWW!! Of course all three Flanagan girls just start tearing up...ridiculous! You would have too though. It was pretty sweet to see the cousins bonding. Poor JM has no idea how much Mo will boss him around one day.

Life is changing in this clan and we are pretty excited about it. Not only do we have Mo and JM, but Mattie and Alicia are getting married in less than two weeks. WOO HOO!! Please pray for a fun wedding and that all goes as planned. We are excited about our next new addition, Aunt Li Li!

No comments: