Monday, March 12, 2012

Weekend Recap

Last weekend Taylor and I got to make a pretty quick trip to Corinth and Huntsville to visit family and friends. When I say quick, I mean Taylor got there Friday afternoon and drove back home Saturday night so he could go to work first thing Sunday. The girls and I stayed up there through Sunday. We don't really do the whole drive back and get home by 2 am kind of thing.

So Friday we hit the road as soon as Taylor made it in from the morning sign outs. We stopped in Corinth to drop off Morgan and Millie. Of course this also happen to be the day the weather was awful! (True story: We stopped in Winona to get gas. I was standing between the car and my open car door. The wind blew so hard it slammed the door shut. One small problem...I was standing in it's way and it smacked the back of my head and then made me bang the front of my head on the car. Yes, my car beat me up. Stop laughing.) We literally drove away from Taylor's parents with tornado sirens going off every two seconds, and there were already tornado's being reported from that morning. That makes you feel good. However, we decided to take our chances and Taylor and I headed out for Huntsville. We had fun just the two of us in the car. I can't remember the last time I got to take a trip without a cartoon blaring from the backseat or a sweet baby crying because they're tired or hungry. It was nice to just drive and ride in peace. Well, that was until I got the iPod going and made Taylor jam to old school *NSYNC with me. Yeah, I did. He handled it like a champ I must say. I finally stopped when his knuckles turned white from gripping the steering wheel so tight.

Once in Huntsville, we got to hang out with our sweet friends Tyler and Mollie. Mollie and I get along so well because we feel each others pain when it comes to our teams. We are both Ole Miss girls who married State fans. It takes a lot of PATIENCE to be a house divided sometimes. Glad someone else knows where I'm coming from. (Love you, Taylor.) Anyway, Friday night we ate at a very yummy pizza/Italian restaurant. Once again the house divided thing came into play. Somehow we made it pretty complicated to order pizzas that are half and half with different toppings. In the end, all parties won and got the pizza they wanted. It was delicious!

Saturday was just a lazy morning which was nice. I love sleeping past 7 am!! For lunch we headed to an outdoor shopping place and had another fabulous meal. I literally loved every thing I put in my mouth at this restaurant. Good find Tyler and Mollie! We were sad to leave after such a short trip, but we were so glad it all worked out for us to come. (Thank you tornado's for cooperating.)


Me, Mollie, and the precious Tibby (who has Tyler wrapped)

our cute little MSU boys


Tyler is super excited to be taking so many pictures. :)
After Huntsville, we came back to Corinth to watch Taylor's little brother in his school play. Can't quite remember the name of the play exactly but it was set in the 80's and had all 80's music. My kind of play! John's role was the wingman for the most popular stud football guy in the school. I was proud of my favorite little Mathis. Minus the fact he could barely talk (from screaming at basketball refs from the night before) he did a great job!


Such a precious couple!

No comments: