Friday, July 1, 2011

Progress Report and Happy News

Sorry I haven't updated lately. It's hot. I'm huge pregnant.


I went for my 36 week check-up this past Wednesday and there has been progress. I will spare the numbers. I know some people feel violated to actually know numbers of dilation and effacing. (Did I even say those words correctly?) Anyway, I am blown away by this. I did NOTHING with Morgan and had to be induced a few days shy of my 40th week. This time has been completely different. I honestly attribute much of this to the heat. How can a huge preggers person not go into labor early? It's ridiculous! I have craved everything cold and juicy just to try and get some relief from the heat: apples, watermelon, sno cones, ice cream, sweet tea, etc.



So here is the tricky part. Yes, I have progressed. However, that really and truly means nothing. Labor is oh so tricky because you just can't plan or predict anything. I could keep progressing and go into labor early, or I could sit like this until 40 weeks and have to be induced. It's crazy. For the most part, we are ready. Nursery is 75% done and all of her things are washed and good to go. I just need to get with it and pack a bag. I don't know why I haven't done this. I will pat myself on the back for at least charging all of the camera batteries.



In the mean time, we are trying to soak up every minute with Morgan. This is it for princess to be an only child. I'm forcing myself to stop nesting at night and go outside with her and Taylor to just play. Dishes and laundry can be done later. Maybe. I leave the house every morning trying to think of what needs to be done just in case it's "the day" and I don't come back. Silly.



In other news, I can now happily announce that my sweet friends Lauren Garriga and Valerie Davis are expecting #2 babies as well!! Hooray!! I've waitied until Val officially updated her blog so I could update mine. Lauren is due in December and Valerie is due in January. I. am. jealous. Congrats to my sweet friends and I can't wait to get all of these babies and kiddos together to play!


Me and Lauren and our #1 babies

(Couldn't quite get the girls to smile!)


Me and Val at my baby shower for Morgan

1 comment: