Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Goodbye to teaching

I'm sad to say that I will not be returning to teaching this year. I'll be joining the family workforce at my dad's company, Better Marketing Konnection. I taught for three years: two at Pecan Park Elementary and one at Olde Towne Middle School. Here are a few pictures and highlights from my teaching career. I am going to really miss some of the children I taught and especially my CO-WORKERS!! They were the absolute best people to work with. Enjoy the memories...

Kate Long...my saving grace at Olde Towne


This is Febian..by far the funniest
child I taught. Notice how I made him wear
my sunglasses and take pictures. I just
wanted to hear him talk!

Me, Keyla, and Jenni
My precious co-workers at Pecan Park.

Olde Towne Middle School Cheerleaders

I took on the task of being the cheerleading coach
while I was at Olde Towne. As crazy as it could be sometimes,
it was one of the best experiences. I grew close
to 12 wonderful girls and I can't wait
to watch them grow up! I just love
their new uniforms we got!!

My birthday cake and balloon the 6th
grade teachers got for me on my
25th birthday. How sweet of them!


3 comments:

the Van's said...

It was good to see you at school this week!! You will definitely be missed this year!! I am glad you are blogging so that I can keep up with how you are doing. -Jennifer

Megan said...

I'm so jealous! I'm counting down until Russ's first paycheck so I can have the option to move on. Ha!!

Short Tales from Long Family said...

I miss you!!!!!
Olde Towne needs you!
~kate