Thursday, September 4, 2008

Beautiful Baby Girl

Taylor and I received wonderful news today when we went in for our 20 week sonogram (I'm actually a few days short of that but it was close enough). I've mentioned this sonogram before but I'll remind you anyway. This is when they check pretty much every little inch of her body to make sure she has formed and developed as needed. God blessed us with Morgan having a clean bill of health. All four chambers of the heart, both kidneys, the stomach, the bladder, legs, fingers, and toes, etc looked great! We were also informed that all of the birth defect blood work came back negative. This is an optional blood test, but of course I said I wanted to do it. As you can tell by our blog I tend to lean on the EXTRA cautious side with Miss Morgan. I'm hoping that with future pregnancies I'll be a little more relaxed. However, I don't apologize for being the way that I am with the first baby. I want to know that she is healthy and everything is as it should be. I figure that with future pregnancies I'll be too busy chasing around little ones to be this overly concerned. Another bright spot is I have gained a BIG FOUR POUNDS!! That was music to my ears believe it or not. I lost several pounds my first trimester due to morning sickness so I've been trying to play catch-up regaining that weight. I've finally done that and I'm going up.

As always I loved every second of seeing our sweet baby on the screen. She was lying face down curled up most of the time. The lady doing the sonogram kept trying to push (or should I say pound) on my stomach to make Morgan roll over so we could get a better picture of her face. And let me interrupt here and say that if you happen to do sonograms for a living....DO NOT POUND ON A PREGNANT WOMAN'S STOMACH WHEN YOU KNOW SHE HAS A FULL BLADDER!! Or at least not when you don't give any warning before you do it! Ok I feel better. Anyway, Morgan didn't like this lady's approach to making her move so she kindly rolled to her side for a second then rolled right back over to her stomach. Morgan and I have agreed on our first thing..don't bother a girl trying to sleep!
God has really blessed us throughout this entire pregnancy and we want to continue to give Him the praise! I could not ask for anything more. I fully trust that He is in control of our lives and He knows our paths. I'm so thankful that I get the opportunity to be Morgan's mom and I look forward to spending every second with her. I cannot say enough about God's grace and goodness!

Romans 8:28

ps: I have a video of the sonogram and if I can figure out how to load it on my computer I will post it on here. However, no promises on that!

3 comments:

The Ruffins said...

Congratulations Kellie on your baby! I have a blog at www.chadandmeganruffin.blogspot.com

Megan Murphy Ruffin

B.J. and Mark said...

Congratulations on sweet baby Morgan! I'm so excited for y'all. You're gonna be such an awesome momma! I'm going to add your link to mine so we can keep up! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats you too! I saw you both briefly at the state game last week, but didn't see the baby bump :) Found your blog - I will have to add it to my list!
Hope you both are doing well!!!
Can't wait to see pictures of little Morgan!
Heather Skaggs