Friday, September 12, 2008

Life Lately....

So I'm a little behind catching up on what's been going on with us. Here's a little peak into what we've been up to...

First Baby Shower
At UMC I'm a part of the UMC Medical Student Wives Auxiliary. It's a group for all of the spouses to support each other through these few tough years. On Wednesday, the State Medical Wives Alliance hosted a baby shower for all of our expectant and new moms in our group. It was very sweet of them and they gave each mom a cute onesie for our little ones. Thanks to the State Alliance for all of their hard work!


All of our expectant and new moms

With the rest of the sweet girls that came..


First State Game
This past weekend Taylor and I went up to Starkville for the first State home game. Taylor left feeling much better about his Bulldogs since they defeated this Lousiana team pretty bad. It was fun getting to see a lot of faces we haven't seen in a while. Ole Miss suffered a heartbreaking loss that weekend to Wake Forest when they made a field goal in the last 8 seconds to win by 2! I had to sit in the Barnes and Noble to watch the end of the Ole Miss game in a sea of State fans with four other Ole Miss fans. Needless to say State fans left cheering.










Later that night the whole Mathis clan (minus Mrs. Cindy) drove back to Corinth to surprise Mrs. Cindy for her 50th birthday!! She wasn't able to come to the game as originally planned and so she thought she wouldn't get to see me, Taylor, or Ben for her birthday. We had present time Saturday night then ate lunch at Grandmomma's after church on Sunday. Happy birthday Mrs. Cindy!!

Birthday girl opening gifts...






Labor Day
Labor Day weekend Taylor and I along with my parents went up to Corinth and Pickwick to visit Taylor's family. Friday night we watched Corinth defeat Senatobia at our first Corinth football game. Saturday we were off to the lake. I only took one picture at the lake the entire weekend because I was too busy relaxing! Saturday was the first Ole Miss and State football games. Mom and Tara came prepared!


John and Allison were showing their Corinth spirit!


Mom and Tara ready for the games!

No comments: