Thursday, September 18, 2008

Morgan's Full Name

M M E

We've finally decided on Morgan's full name... Morgan Elizabeth Mathis. We've had several people asked how we came up with it so here's the story. We always had our boy name picked out and when we first found out we were pregnant I just had a feeling it was a boy. Well then the morning sickness kicked in (supposedly the more sick you are means you're having a girl...there's only a million tales like that). Also, the more sonograms we had I started thinking it was a girl. So about a week before we went in to do the sonogram to find out what we were having I decided it was a good idea to get a girl name ready just in case since we already had the boy picked out. Taylor was busy watching golf so he was super excited I picked this of all times to start looking at the 10 pound baby name book my mom bought me. We both flipped through the book and he made a list and I made a list of our favorite names. Then we compared and narrowed down the choices. Morgan just kept coming up and we both really loved it. We not only wanted Morgan Mathis to be a cute name for a baby but we had to think about her at high school graduation, going through college, and applying for jobs, etc. Names need to sound good for all stages of life. I tend to think these days names have become very trendy and sometimes I really wonder if people think about the fact that one day their child will be 30 and people will be calling them by those names. Anyway, then it came time for the middle name. We really couldn't decide on one in particular we liked the most. (Actually I liked Claire and he liked Elizabeth.) So we dediced to poll our families and no joke it was a tie. We decided to just let it go for a while and people would tell us their opinions here and there. Finally it was just time to decide...I'm ready to monogram and so is my mom and sister! I informed Taylor that I thought we should go with the name he liked..Morgan Elizabeth. The look on his face was cute..he was shocked! I don't look at it like I lost the battle or anything, I just had a change of heart for several reasons. 1. Elizabeth is after my sister Beth. 2. Several family members on Taylor's side have the middle name Elizabeth. 3. I think it's very sweet that Morgan's daddy picked out her name. So there ya go...there's the novel on how we came up with our sweet baby girls' name.... Morgan Elizabeth Mathis.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Precious!!!

Gray and Whitney said...

And #4 - It is Aunt Whitney's middle name as well! :) Beautiful name, Mama! Now, I'm off to Bridget's to have something momgrammed!

The Marks Family said...

Kellie, i'm so glad I found your blog. I love the name. It is beautiful and will look cute monogrammed too. Talk to you soon.

Morgan said...

Hey Kellie,
Send me your e-mail address and I'll e-mail you our new address! Hope you are feeling good.