Ole Miss 31 - Florida 30

Ole Miss had a HUGE WIN this weekend down in the "swamp!" We defeated Florida 31-30! Taylor says there are always five plays that can change a game....well I know of two for sure that clinched our win for us. First, Florida scored a touchdown to try and tie the game...then we blocked the extra point attempt! Play #2 was our defensive line stopping Tebow on a 4th down and 1 yard to go quarterback sneak... he wasn't anywhere close! After that play Ole Miss was able just to kneel the ball and begin the celebration. I read the funniest comment in the Clarion Ledgar from one of our defensive lineman who not only blocked the extra point but who was also in the pile helping stop Tim Tebow. I'll share it with you...
"I was lost somewhere in the bottom of the pile. ... (Tebow) was saying 'I got it! I got it! I got it!'" Lockett said. "And I was saying 'No you don't! No you don't!'"
HOTTY TODDY!!
LSU 34 - MSU 24
LSU 34 - MSU 24
MSU showed some signs of life this weekend as they played LSU at Death Valley...not the easiest place to play. Early on Taylor feared they looked the same as they did against GA Tech, and then Coach Croom makes a silly decision not to call time out when they had 3 time outs left and over a minute to go until halftime. However, the Bulldogs came out loooking pretty strong in the second half. The offense put together several nice drives to help keep them in the game. As I mentioned before, Taylor feels there are always a few plays that completely change a game. I think he would tell you in this game it was the play when Ducre dropped a beautiful pass right to him that would have been an easy touchdown and put the Bulldogs within 3. Even though the Tigers won the game, I think it restored Taylor's faith in his team and hopeful for the offense.

1 comment:
it amazes me that you know so much football terminology!!
Post a Comment