Monday, December 8, 2008

"Hey, hey! Ho-ho! Ole Miss to the Cotton Bowl!"


No I did not come up with that quote on my own. That was Houston Nutt's little "chant" as he walked out of the Ole Miss locker room after announcing to the team that Ole Miss will be playing Texas Tech January 2nd in the Cotton Bowl. This is such a big accomplishment for Ole Miss considering the season we had last year..not winning a single SEC game..to this year having our new coach, a good quarter back, beating then #4 Florida at "the swamp", and going on to beat LSU and of course breezing through the Egg Bowl! (For all those MSU fans and of course my husband I think I deserve a "thank you" for being nice and not posting anything about the Egg Bowl until now..I had good self-control!) We will be playing a pretty tough team..#8 ranked Texas Tech. Our defense is going to have be on their toes every second of the game to stop their quarter back who is up for the Heisman Trophy. Some people think its not a good match up because we're not as good....need I remind those that take away a few mistakes and we have an undefeated season as well. I know you can't play the "should have, would have, could have" game but our record doesn't completely speak for how well we played this year...most of the time. Either way..we've already won two bowl games: Magnolia Bowl (LSU vs Ole Miss) and the Egg Bowl (MSU vs Ole Miss) and now we're on to #3..HOTTY TODDY!!!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hotty Toddy! What was that Taylor was saying about MSU beating us and sending us to the Liberty Bowl?!?!??? Not quite... :)