Monday, January 12, 2009

Any Day Now

I had my 38 week check up today and got a great report! I have progressed more and Morgan could be here any day. He encouraged me to keep walking because this would help things along. If things keep moving along but she hasn't come by next week he said we could induce if we wanted. We could also just let her sit some more and see what she is going to do. Her due date is next Saturday so we may think about late next week or so. I get nervous thinking about inducing because it could go one of two ways: one is she's ready and everything will kick into gear with the help of the medicine and we'll have her with no problems; the other is we could induce and she's just not ready therefore making for a very long labor that is hard for her and me. So hopefully I'll walk this week and she'll just decide she's ready and come on her own.
I will say that reality definitely set in today that I will soon be a mother and will get to hold my daughter. Up until this point my doctor hasn't really discussed the labor or inducing mainly because it just wasn't time. He had a different tone today and I could tell he was very serious about the matter. It is mind blowing to think that any day now or for sure by next week Morgan will be here! AHHH!! (I wish there was a word I could type to show you how excited I am and what it feels like but AHH will have to do for now!) I know we've had several sonograms and all showed she was healthy but I'm ready to have her here and let the doctors check her from head to toe so that we know for sure she is going to be ok.
So for now I've got plenty to do to keep me occupied and busy. Taylor and I already discussed that we need to actually pack our bags tonight and have them in the car and ready to go. Until now we've just had stuff laying out but I think it's time it actually goes in a bag. I've also never been more motivated to go walking! I'll have to pat myself on the back and say I've been very faithful to do this ever since he first told me to start and so I'll keep on...despite the fact it really is not very comfortable and I usually ache afterwards.
So for the next few weeks please keep Taylor, Morgan, and me in your prayers. Here are a few specific things I'm asking for you to pray:
1. Morgan's health and her getting here when she's ready
2. Taylor and me for our peace and strength as we take on this new journey
3. All of the doctors and nurses that will be with us in the hospital
4. Rest..it's hard to come by these days and I know it will be the same way once Morgan is here

1 comment:

The Jones Family said...

We will be thinking of ya'll! We enjoy keeping up with ya'll through your blog! Keep walking...