As previously posted my car was broken into last Thursday. When I say I'm still angry...it still makes my stomach churn to even think that my cameras are gone! However, some sweet people have come to the rescue and we'll have cameras. My parents are letting us borrow their brand new digital camera. My sister's brother and sister-in-law are letting us borrow their super nice video camera. So none the less we are ready! Thanks Mom, Dad, Mamie, and Jet!!
So Monday Taylor and I go the doctor for our checkup (more on the checkup later) and when we get home Taylor realizes are dogs are gone from the backyard. I of course immediately panic..our two dogs are my children and I'm obsessed with them. So we ride around in our cars while I'm screaming their names. I called my family and my brother and sister are flying down Hwy 80 to get to our house to help look for them. I finally find them on a street over from ours just running around hanging out! I literally almost had a heart attack. Long story short the gate on our fence got stuck in the open position and the wind knocked it open so they could get out. At this point I realize if I haven't gone into labor Morgan is really content to just hang out in there because my stress level is through the roof!
Monday afternoon at work we notice one of our restrooms isn't working all that great. Well that would be because our entire sewer system is backed up. The system starts overflowing from the bottom of both restroom and we now have water running underneath our walls into our office and all over our warehouse floor. Beth, Matt, and Dad start frantically moving things so they won't get wet. Mom and I are doing the best we can to mop up what's running out. Thank goodness a plumber was able to come after hours and fix the system. Beth and Dad mop up all of the floors to clean the water up and to make it smell better. Between the doctor, the dogs, and the restrooms....that made for a long day!
Then yesterday about mid-afternoon we're all on the phone working when suddenly our lines went down. We have no phone and no internet which equals....no work going on. We operate completely through the internet and our phones. It took forever for someone to come out to look at it only to find out it wouldn't get fixed yesterday and we're still down as of right now today. (I'm blogging at home!) This is not a good thing at all because now we'll either lose business or be incredibly backed up once we get power restored.
Sooooo....as you can see we've been a little busy these days. It's almost comical at the things that have gone wrong around our world lately. I read the scripture the other day in Matthew when satan took Jesus into the desert to be tempted. Well..I feel like we're in the desert right now and satan is doing his best to tempt us not to handle anything the right way and to keep us angry. We just have to keep pushing through and realize all of this will end soon and it's all fixable.
So now onto the most important thing I can update...MORGAN WILL BE HERE TOMORROW! I'll give you a very summed up version of the doctor's visit.. Pretty much Morgan looks healthy (we had a sonogram) and she's measuring around 7 lbs and 6 ounces. Although that could be off by a 1/2 lb or so. I'm progressing but at a very slow rate. We had the option to wait it out but it didn't seem like that was going to make that big of a difference. My doctor felt it would be perfectly safe and Morgan would be ok if we wanted to induce. After much thought and prayer Taylor and I decided we wanted to go ahead and get this baby girl here. There's a lot of different reasons which I won't take the time to list that helped us with this decision. Some people view inducing as selfish but this was not something we decided on just because "it's time, I'm ready to not be pregnant, or it fit our schedules best." Yes those would be dumb reasons and they're not our reasons. We have drilled and drilled the subject that if my body is not ready to handle being induced then we didn't want to even try. I do not want to sit there and make Morgan go through this hard and long labor only to end up in a c-section. Although you can never tell how things will go, our prayer is that this won't happen. Every pregnancy is different and every labor is different and you won't know until you get going.
So tomorrow as you go about your day please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Pray for a noncomplicated and smooth labor/delivery, Morgan's health, my doctor and the nurses, and Taylor and I as we begin this brand new exciting chapter. There are no words to tell you how excited I am to meet this beautiful baby that I have felt move and kick for several months, I have watched wiggle on a sonogram, have spent countless hours making sure her nursery is perfect, and have prayed obsessively for since the moment we found out we were pregnant. Last April Taylor and I stood in our bathroom and realized our test said positive and the first thing we did was stop to pray. Nine months later we are about to meet Morgan and she has already changed our lives for the better no matter what happens from here on out.
Of course it will be a busy few days but we will try to post pictures as soon as we can. We thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers!
Love,
Momma and Daddy Mathis
So Monday Taylor and I go the doctor for our checkup (more on the checkup later) and when we get home Taylor realizes are dogs are gone from the backyard. I of course immediately panic..our two dogs are my children and I'm obsessed with them. So we ride around in our cars while I'm screaming their names. I called my family and my brother and sister are flying down Hwy 80 to get to our house to help look for them. I finally find them on a street over from ours just running around hanging out! I literally almost had a heart attack. Long story short the gate on our fence got stuck in the open position and the wind knocked it open so they could get out. At this point I realize if I haven't gone into labor Morgan is really content to just hang out in there because my stress level is through the roof!
Monday afternoon at work we notice one of our restrooms isn't working all that great. Well that would be because our entire sewer system is backed up. The system starts overflowing from the bottom of both restroom and we now have water running underneath our walls into our office and all over our warehouse floor. Beth, Matt, and Dad start frantically moving things so they won't get wet. Mom and I are doing the best we can to mop up what's running out. Thank goodness a plumber was able to come after hours and fix the system. Beth and Dad mop up all of the floors to clean the water up and to make it smell better. Between the doctor, the dogs, and the restrooms....that made for a long day!
Then yesterday about mid-afternoon we're all on the phone working when suddenly our lines went down. We have no phone and no internet which equals....no work going on. We operate completely through the internet and our phones. It took forever for someone to come out to look at it only to find out it wouldn't get fixed yesterday and we're still down as of right now today. (I'm blogging at home!) This is not a good thing at all because now we'll either lose business or be incredibly backed up once we get power restored.
Sooooo....as you can see we've been a little busy these days. It's almost comical at the things that have gone wrong around our world lately. I read the scripture the other day in Matthew when satan took Jesus into the desert to be tempted. Well..I feel like we're in the desert right now and satan is doing his best to tempt us not to handle anything the right way and to keep us angry. We just have to keep pushing through and realize all of this will end soon and it's all fixable.
So now onto the most important thing I can update...MORGAN WILL BE HERE TOMORROW! I'll give you a very summed up version of the doctor's visit.. Pretty much Morgan looks healthy (we had a sonogram) and she's measuring around 7 lbs and 6 ounces. Although that could be off by a 1/2 lb or so. I'm progressing but at a very slow rate. We had the option to wait it out but it didn't seem like that was going to make that big of a difference. My doctor felt it would be perfectly safe and Morgan would be ok if we wanted to induce. After much thought and prayer Taylor and I decided we wanted to go ahead and get this baby girl here. There's a lot of different reasons which I won't take the time to list that helped us with this decision. Some people view inducing as selfish but this was not something we decided on just because "it's time, I'm ready to not be pregnant, or it fit our schedules best." Yes those would be dumb reasons and they're not our reasons. We have drilled and drilled the subject that if my body is not ready to handle being induced then we didn't want to even try. I do not want to sit there and make Morgan go through this hard and long labor only to end up in a c-section. Although you can never tell how things will go, our prayer is that this won't happen. Every pregnancy is different and every labor is different and you won't know until you get going.
So tomorrow as you go about your day please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Pray for a noncomplicated and smooth labor/delivery, Morgan's health, my doctor and the nurses, and Taylor and I as we begin this brand new exciting chapter. There are no words to tell you how excited I am to meet this beautiful baby that I have felt move and kick for several months, I have watched wiggle on a sonogram, have spent countless hours making sure her nursery is perfect, and have prayed obsessively for since the moment we found out we were pregnant. Last April Taylor and I stood in our bathroom and realized our test said positive and the first thing we did was stop to pray. Nine months later we are about to meet Morgan and she has already changed our lives for the better no matter what happens from here on out.
Of course it will be a busy few days but we will try to post pictures as soon as we can. We thank you in advance for your thoughts and prayers!
Love,
Momma and Daddy Mathis

6 comments:
I am so excited for you!! I will being praying for you, taylor, and little morgan tomorrow. Congratulations.
Emily Brooks Hassell
I am so excited for yall!!! Congratulations. I will be praying for you, taylor and little morgan tomorrow!!!!
Emily Brooks Hassell
Can't wait to meet her! I'll be praying for you, Morgan & Taylor.
Love,
Nindy
Oh my goodness, Kellie! I cannot believe it! I know you are so excited and anxious, but please know we will be praying for you, Taylor, and that sweet baby girl! God is so good!
We will be thinking about you tomorrow!!!!! Can't wait to get an update and see pictures of this beautiful baby that is about to be born!!!!
I was beginning to think you had delivered over the weekend or something! Congrats! Praying all goes well and looking forward to the pictures!
Post a Comment