Friday, January 30, 2009

Morgan Elizabeth Mathis



Morgan Elizabeth Mathis was born January 22nd at 6:18 p.m. She weighed 7 pounds and 13 ounces and was 21 1/2 inches long. She is perfectly healthy! Taylor and I cannot explain how happy we are and how blessed we feel to have Morgan with us. God has been so good to us and we cannot explain the joy we had when we first held our angel. Our lives have completely changed for the better and we cannot wait to watch Morgan grow and change.
As for the day she was born...we couldn't have asked for a better situation. I started to labor around 7:15 a.m. and she was born at 6:18 that night. Some may say what a long day but honestly it was not bad at all...thanks to an epidural! =) I got to sit and visit with my family and friends and wait on Miss Morgan. Then at 5:45 she was ready and it only took about 20 minutes until she was safe in her daddy's arms. I had been so nervous about actually going through the birthing process but it turned out to be the neatest experience I wouldn't trade for the world. There is nothing like hearing your child cry for the first time. I never thought I'd be smiling and laughing a few minutes after the process was over.
Here are just a few pictures from the day. As you can imagine our lives are a little busier now so I'll try to post when I can with new pictures.

Making her debut to the family



Getting to hold Morgan for the first time


6 comments:

the Van's said...

Kelli, Morgan is absolutely gorgeous!! Congratulations to you and Taylor!

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful story! Sounds like you had a pretty good day leading up to Miss Morgan making her arrival. What a blessing you have! Keep enjoying her.

Megan said...

Beautiful baby girl!!! I can't wait to see her! I'm also dying to see what her sweet nursery looks like! Any chance you'll post some of those pictures? :)

Shelley said...

Hey Kellie,
This is Shelley from the Bible study we did with Alisa and Anna! Morgan is reallly a beautiful baby! Congrats! Hope all is well!

The Burks said...

Kellie and Taylor, Morgan is beautiful. I bet Mrs. Cindy is already spoiling Morgan rotten! :)

reed said...

she is just perfect! she is so beautiful. i love all her dark hair! congrats! enjoy every second...love, caroline hogan