Yesterday, January 8th, was my 26th birthday. It was absolutely wonderful!! A lot of people went out of their way to make it special since it's my last birthday before I'm officially a mommy. Here are a few reasons why my birthday was awesome....
* My mom, sister, and India (who we also celebrated for) surprised me with dinner at a new restaurant called Mint on Wednesday night. It was a fun girls night.
* I got to sleep in late and go for a great walk to try and get Morgan going. (I was trying my hardest to have her on my birthday)
* Taylor surprisingly had an hour to eat lunch so Mom and I joined him at Newks. This was fun because I hardly ever see him during the day. It was here he informed me I had another surprise waiting on me at Trio Salon...more on that later.
* My sweet family decorated our office for my birthday and we had a yummy cookie cake drenched in pink icing.
* At 4:00 Taylor had arranged for me to get a prenatal massage at Trio. Let me just say this was the best experience ever!! I have been pretty sore lately due to the fact I'm carrying a small child and this was perfect timing for some relaxation. The best part was I GOT TO LAY ON MY STOMACH! This is something I have missed terribly and part of the reason I don't sleep much at night. The massage table just has this little insert that comes out and your tummy just fits in that little "bowl type" insert. A-MA-ZING!!
* This is the cutest part...
After my massage India called and wanted me to meet her at Hobby Lobby to help pick out some flowers for a table arrangement...or so I thought! She and Alan were coming over to our house to watch the Florida/Oklahoma football game so this seemed normal to me. The boys were just going to order pizza and be waiting on us at the house. Well when India and I got to my house Taylor had secretly planned a surprise birthday party for me with some of our closest friends!! He had planned the massage and for India to distract me for a little while so everyone would have a chance to get there.
He did such a great job preparing for everything!! He had taken the time to get all of the serving pieces I like and put out appetizers for the guests. He had prepared sausage and cheese, cream cheese with pepper jelly, and chips with two types of dip. After everyone yelled surprise he quickly got back to work grilling hamburgers and baking the french fries in the oven. He got one of our friends to bake brownies and bring ice cream that we ate for dessert. Dinner was so yummy and afterwards we all watched the football game. Well actually the boys watched the game and the girls just talked about everything while we sat in Morgan's nursery.
Taylor definitely gets husband of the year for this! He had thought everything through down to the last detail and worked his little behind off to make my birthday special.
*I got so many great presents that I'm very excited about! Thank you to everyone who was so thoughtful!!
My birthday was just amazing this year. Thanks to my hubby, family, and friends! Yall are the best! Love yall!
The End of Summer...
13 years ago

1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Kellie!! I'm definitely going to see that Russ reads this post! ha! Taylor is so sweet! Can't wait to see that baby!
Post a Comment