Tuesday, June 30, 2009

And so it happened...

I meant to update a while back but forgot. So previously I let you know that we were getting ready to transition Morgan into her crib from the pack and play in our room. She has been sleeping through the night for a long time but my fear would be that this would stop once she was by herself in her nursery. I also dreaded any "crying it out" that might take place if she did start waking up in the night. Well one Saturday night (back when she was 4 months) I decided just to try her in the crib. Taylor was home and available to help if needed since he was officially done with his 3rd year of school. Technically he was studying for Step 2 but none the less he could help me if I needed reinforcement. Well to our surprise Mo just slept all night. We never had to go in there and she never cried. She woke up the next morning smiling and just playing in her big girl bed. I was soooo relieved but at the same time I wondered if it was just a fluke. Well, it wasn't a fluke. Since then we've had complete success on the big transition. Not to say we don't have a few nights here and there where I have to go in there and let her know she's ok. But usually she'll go right back to sleep without a problem. So it just happened... it wasn't a big deal, there weren't lots of tears, there wasn't any stressing out. I feel super blessed that for the most part Morgan has been a wonderful baby. Things have seemed to happen naturally for the most part. Yes we have our typical baby ups and downs but we're very blessed. She loves her crib and many mornings we wake up the sound of her "talking" up a storm to the bedding.
One other thing that "just happened" is she bumped up her bedtime. She wants to go down about 7:45 now which is a beautiful thing. However...she wakes up now at 5:45 instead of 7:00 like she used to... not such a beautiful thing! :)

1 comment:

Felicia said...

Um...I think if we are gonna read about Morgan we should get a new picture to look at missy. Ha Ha just a thought :)